7 Great Reasons to choose Green Man Packaging
What can we offer & what can you expect?
1. Trust - we are independent specialists
Green Man is fully independent and works with over 20+ of the world’s leading specialist sustainable packaging manufacturers and importers. This allows us to stock over 500+ fully compostable products so we can recommend the most appropriate products for your needs without bias.
We are specialists in sustainable packaging and nothing else. All materials used to make our products are made from sustainable, renewable and managed plant crops. All products are certified 100% compostable and conform to the highest composting standards with world recognised independent authorities.
At Green Man we don’t just stock a few “eco-friendly” product lines with the rest of our packaging inventory made from polystyrene. You won’t find any oil-based petroleum or man-made chemicals in our products – ALL Green Man packaging is made from plants NOT plastic.
2. Choice - we stock the widest range of “environmentally sustainable” catering disposables in the UK and Europe
Because we can supply and dispatch such a wide range of sustainable packaging products, Green Man customers can order everything they need from one place. This means that our customers do not need to contact numerous different suppliers every time they want to place an order.
It also means customers receive only one invoice and have one payment to make, this of course saves time and makes the whole ordering process more efficient.
3. Quality - World-class products from leading manufacturers
Green Man have been working and developing new products with some of the world’s leading sustainable packaging manufacturers for almost a decade. All our manufacturing partners are industry leaders in their respective specialist fields. Our fully compostable range is made from raw materials including PLA, CPLA, RCPLA, sugarcane bagasse, SFC paperboard & corrugated board, recycled pulp & paper, sustainable birch-wood and palm leaf.
Our new 100% compostable cutlery range, for example, was developed by our close friends at Vegware. In 2014 they produced and manufactured the world’s first fully “recycled” CPLA cutlery known as RCPLA. It is made from “off-cuts” of the CPLA material used to produce our range of heat-resistant coffee cup lids (also 100% certified compostable and a world-first back in 2012).
All our supply partners are accredited and adhere to the highest quality control procedures including ISO9001. All products are certified to strict European composting standards such as European Composting Standard EN13432, Vincotte “OK Compost” and BPI (Biodegradable Packaging Institute). The appropriate food grade certificates and lab test reports are available for inspection.
As Green Man only work with the best, our customers are also guaranteed the best. All the products we stock have been individually selected in terms of quality, aesthetics and value for money by a team of independent industry experts. Our specialist team includes leading “food-to-go” packaging and restaurant designers, food service marketing managers, event organisers, chefs, catering managers, purchasing managers, front-line serving staff and delivery drivers.
Each product is put through a series of assessments and tests by each of our panel members who assess each item in terms of the following;
- Quality– how does the product feel – like a quality item? Worthy of serving the finest food? What is the thickness and suitability of the material?
- Eco-Credentials– Is the item certified 100% compostable by an independent, recognised, approved and respected composting association? If not – we will not supply it.
- Practicality- How does it perform in a high-speed serving situation? Is it easily assembled or difficult to open quickly?
- Functionality- How does the packaging perform in terms of holding the food and keeping the temperature correct? Does it retain its appeal after 30 minutes in a delivery bag?
- Aesthetics– how does the product look? Like a quality item with a natural yet up-market finish?
This strict elimination process allows Green Man to select only the finest quality products from the “also-rans”. Cream will always rise to the top and only the best make it into our exclusive “eco-chic” range.
4. Peace of mind - All products fully guaranteed
All our manufacturing partners are proud to stand behind their products with a full manufacturers warranty. This means that all products supplied by Green Man carry a full “no quibble” refund or replace policy, so in the unlikely event you should be unsatisfied with any item or there is a fault with any goods, we will refund or replace without any fuss.
5. Same day dispatch to UK & Europe
95% of our stock products (over 500+ individual items) are available for same day dispatch. We offer a next-day UK mainland delivery service as standard on all orders placed before 2pm and can dispatch goods for delivery to Europe within 2-5 working days. We also ship pallets and containers to our customers across Europe and the Middle-East from our main London warehouse facility.
6. Warehousing, Stock management & Dispatch on-demand
Looking for custom printed goods but don’t have the storage space? No problem - Green Man can offer a full warehousing and stock management service if required. Custom printed stock can be held at our main London warehouse and dispatched on demand. We also have access to other storage facilities in the UK and in Europe.
7. Experienced, Friendly & Helpful Staff
We do not use automated phone messages, on-hold music or take several days to respond to emails. We aim to answer the phone within 3 rings and you get to speak directly with an experienced, friendly human here in the UK, who can get things sorted.
Our staff care about what they do, the service they provide and the products we supply.
Our eco-packaging product specialists can advise on the most suitable packaging for your requirements without you having to wait for someone else to get back to you a day later. Our creative team can also assist with custom printing and bespoke packaging, so if you have an idea you’d like to explore we’d love to hear from you.
Green Man Packaging – made from plants NOT plastic.
Additional Services We Offer
- Branding consultancy– If you’d like to build your brand, we can provide a full brand consultancy package to help you find the right fit for your business.
- Warehousing and stock management – Green Man offer a full warehousing and stock management service if required. Custom printed stock can be held at our main London warehouse and dispatched on demand. We also have access to other storage facilities in the UK and in Europe.
Get In Touch