Plastic Free July - Get Involved
Every July the global movement #PlasticFreeJuly helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution.
Recently, the public has become more aware of the scale and impact of plastic pollution thanks to an increase in exposure in the media. An exhibition at a recent UN conference highlighted some harrowing facts on plastic pollution;
- Worldwide, 73% of beach litter is plastic
- The largest market for plastics today is packaging materials - this accounts for nearly half of all plastic waste generated globally; most of it never gets recycled
- A trillion plastic bags are used worldwide every year
- Researchers estimate that more than 8.3 billion tons of plastic has been produced since the early 1950s - about 60% of this has ended up in either landfill or the natural environment
- We currently produce about 300 million tonnes of plastic waste every year. That's roughly the weight of the entire human population
The Plastic Free July movement has inspired over 120 million participants in 177 countries to reduce single-use plastic.
Get involved in Plastic Free July by switching from harmful plastic packaging to plastic-free, compostable packaging.
Interested? Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!